Monday, August 30, 2004

Doggie on the Swiftboat

This is the latest revision to my "Doggie on the Swiftboat" ditty. Apologies to Patti Page.



"How 'bout that Doggie on the Swiftboat"
"Arf-Arf!"
"The one blown o---ver the rail!"
"Ar-Ar-Ar-Ar-Ar!"
"Saved from a stewpot in-Cambodia,"
Arf! Arf! Arf!"
"Surely VC can prove John's tall tales!"
*
*
I believe in giving credit where due. Inspiration for the "stewpot" line came from my wife, and her best friend. The friend is a lovely person, despite being a born Democrat and Bush Hater. Upon hearing the little ditty, they simultaneously exclaimed, "He's what's for Dinner!", and about fell off the stoop, laughing.
*
Perhaps someone more gifted than I, can suggest a better line for this little piece, or come up with an additional verse. If I can get a decent recording, I'll try to post it as an Audioblog. I gave up the idea of being a singer, not long after my voice changed. (Way back in the Stone Age.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home